- Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Urban Engineering, The University of Tokyo, October 2010-September 2013.
Accessibility to healthcare facilities in developing nation: Case of India
- PG Certificate in Environmental Leadership, Asian Program for Incubation
of Environmental Leadership, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Masters of City Planning, IIT Kharagpur May, 2005 – April, 2007
- Visiting Faculty, Graduate School of International Development and Cooperation, Hiroshima University, Japan; April 2016 to June 2016
- Strategic Consulting, JLL India; 2007-2010
- Infrastructure planning and location allocation model,
- Application of ICT in urban and regional planning,
- Urban policy assessment
- Econometric and behavioral modelling
- Varghese, V., & Jana, A. (2017). Activity Participation and Time Use Behavior in Mumbai: Impact of Information and Communication Technologies in a Disparate World. In Transportation Research Board 96th Annual Meeting (No. 17-04350).
- Basu, R., Varghese, V. & Jana, A. (2017). Comparison of Traditional and Emerging Paratransit Services in Indian Metropolises with Dissimilar Service Delivery Structures. Asian Transport Studies, 4(3), 518-535. (doi: 10.11175/eastsats.4.518)
- Jana, A., & Varghese, V. (2016). Analyzing mode choice for inter-regional travel in India. In 14th World Conference on Transport Research (WCTRS), Shanghai, China.
- Basu, R., Jana, A., & Bardhan, R. (2016). A Health Care Facility Allocation Model for Expanding Cities in Developing Nations: Strategizing Urban Health Policy Implementation. Applied Spatial Analysis and Policy, 1-16. (doi:10.1007/s12061-016-
- Jana, A., Bardhan, R., Sarkar, S., & Kumar, V. “Framework to assess and locate affordable and accessible housing for developing nations: Empirical evidences from Mumbai”, Habitat International, 57, 88-99, 2016, (doi:10.1016/j.habitatint.2016.07.005)
- Jana, A. and Harata, N. “ Provisioning health care infrastructure in communities: Empirical evidences from West Bengal, India”, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences 54 (2016): 37-46. (doi:10.1016/j.seps.2016.02.003)
- Jana, A., Bardhan R, “Planning transit system for India cities: Opportunities and challenges”, Handbook of Research on Emerging Innovations in Rail Transportation Engineering. eds Rai. U. ISBN:: 978-1-5225-0084-1
- Chikaraishi, M., Jana, A., Bardhan, R., Varghese, V., & Fujiwara, A. “Revisiting Travel Time in Mumbai: Value of Time Saving or Value of Access?” , Transportation Research Board 95th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington, D.C, USA. 16-2864.
- Sangoi, S., Jain, A., Jana, A., Bardhan, R., & Velaga, N. “Behavior of Housing Prices Within the “Equi-influence” Zone of Metro Corridor in Mumbai, India: Fuzzy Logic Approach”, Transportation Research Board 95th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington, D.C, USA. 16-6894.
- Chikaraishi, M., Jana, A., Bardhan, R., & Fujiwara, A. 2016, “Time Use of Urban Poor and Rural Poor on Activity and Travel in Gujarat, India: Similarities and Differences”, Asian Transport Studies, Vol. 4, No.1, PP- 19-36. (http://doi.org/10.11175/eastsats.4.19)
- Ronita Bardhan, Varun Varghese, Arnab Jana, “Analyzing Regional Travel Patterns in India: Dis-aggregated Analysis of Social, Health and Pilgrimage Trips”, Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies,11, 362-378, 2015, Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies
- Varghese, Varun.; Sarkar, S.; Bardhan, R; Velega, N; Jana, A; ”Transport network characteristics and real-estate undercurrents: The effect of spatial non-stationarity on property pricing in Mumbai”, 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (3rd CTRG)
- Chakraborty, Arnab; Wilson, Bev; Sarraf, Saket; Jana, Arnab; “Open data for informal settlements: Toward a user’s guide for urban managers and planners, Journal of Urban Management, 4, 2, 74-91, 2015, Elsevier
- Jana, Arnab; “A Framework to Analyze Variation of the Satisfaction of Patients for Outpatient Needs: A Case of West Bengal, India”, International Journal of Public and Private Healthcare Management and Economics (IJPPHME), 4, 1, 21-35, 2015, IGI Global
- Arnab Jana, Ronita Bardhan, Sayantani Sarkar. “Future Place making in Mumbai: Analyzing Mumbai Development plan 2034″, Future of Places
- Jana, Arnab. “Trip by purpose and availability of the preferred opportunity within districts of India: Analysing Indian elderly travel pattern”, The 14th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled Persons (Transed 2015)
- Bardhan, Ronita; Sarkar, Sayantani; Jana, Arnab; Velaga, Nagendra R; “Mumbai slums since independence: Evaluating the policy outcomes”, Habitat International, 50,1-11, 2015, Elsevier
- Chikaraishi, M., Jana, A., Bardhan, R., & Fujiwara, A. (2015). Urban-Rural Comparison of Time Use in India: Gender, Education, and Economic Affluence, Transportation Research Board 94th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington, D.C, USA. 15-2381.
- Jana, A., and Harata, N., 2012, The need and role of companions in outpatient health trips in India: Altruism and activity support, Indian Journal of Positive Psychology, Volume – 3 (2012), Issue – 4, pp- 345-352. (ISSN 2229-4937)
- Jana, A., Ohmori, N., Takami, K., and Harata, N., 2014, “Exploring the role of social interactions and supports in overcoming accessibility barriers while undertaking health tours in India”, Social Work in Public Health, Volume – 29, Issue – 4, pp 350-367. (Routledge) DOI:10.1080/19371918.2013.825895
- Jana, A., Khanal, R., and Akinaga, N., 2013, “Designing CSR Program for corporates focusing on Environment & Sustainability”, International Symposium fostering future leaders for sustainable society, Tokyo, January 2013
- Jana, A., Ohmori, N., and Harata, N., 2012, “Choice Based on Accessibility & Social Determinants-A Case of Elderly Healthcare Decision and Health Trips in India”, 13th International Conference on ’Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled Persons, TRANSED 2012, New Delhi, India, September 2012.
- Jana, A., H, Yuki., An, K., Hamasaki, H., 2012, “Capacity Development for Sustainable Water Management in Rural Area in Cambodia”, International Water Science Conference, IWSC 2012, Bangkok, Thailand, September 2012.
- Jana, A., Ohmori, N., Takami, K., and Harata, N., 2012, “Evaluation of accessibility to Primary Health Centers in rural areas of developing countries – Case study: West Bengal, India”, 10th Conference of Asian City Planning, City planning Institute of Japan, Tokyo, June 2012
- Jana, A. and Datta, R.N., 2011, “Traffic Management and Operation Improvement Plan for the Influence area of the Howrah Station, India”, 11th International Congress of the Asian Planning School Association, APSA 2011, Tokyo, September 2011
- Jana, A., Ohmori, N., and Harata, N., 2011, “Health seeking travel behavior and health care facility choice owing to different service providers”, 2nd ISAJ symposium 2011, Tokyo, October 2011
- Bardhan, R. Jana, A., 2010, “Incorporating The Concept of Zero Energy In The Newly Developed Satellite Towns of India – Case Study Rajarhat, Kolkata, India”, India-Japan Symposium On Emerging Technologies, Tokyo; Japan, 7 October, 2010
- Chattopadhyay, S. Bardhan, R. Jana, A., 2006, “Growth Dynamics Vs Sustainability – The Dichotomy of twin mining towns Joda & Barbil” XXXIV IAHS, World Congress on Housing Sustainable Housing Design Emphasizing Urban Housing, Naples, Italy, September 20-23, 2006
- Jana, A., 2006, “Traffic Management and Operation Improvement Plan for the Influence area of the Howrah Station”, ITPI Newsletter (No. XXXIII), West Bengal Regional Chapter, Dec 2006.
- “Urbanisation and Informatics”, Centre for Urban Policy and Governance , School of Habitat Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, August 9, 2016
- “Housing in Mumbai: Trade-offs between accessibility, affordability and informality”, 66th Taoyaka Program Seminar, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan, April 27, 2016.
- “Theory of Behavior Model”, Behavior modelling in transportation network, Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Japan, September 2015
- “Housing Urban poor: Dynamics of Slum Rehabilitation in Mumbai”, 37th Taoyaka Program Seminar (the 285th IDEC Asia Seminar), Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC), Hiroshima University, Japan, March 2015
- “Ensuring Equity in Healthcare Accessibility: Need for a Demand Driven Approach”, IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference 2014, Chennai, August 2014.
- ”Linking unplanned urbanization, disparity and accessibility in the context of Indian mega cities”, Taoyaka Program Seminar, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan, March 2014.
- Japanese Government Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship-2010-2013.
- GCOE Research supporting funds for young researchers, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Government of Japan
- Institute Silver Medal, IIT Kharagpur, 2007
|Course Code||Course Name|
|US602||Fundamentals of Urban Science & Engg.|
|US603||Research Methods in Urban Science|